Episode 20 – Meditation, Resilience & Contentment with Sam Morris
On today’s show, I talk with Sam Morris, the founder of Zen Warrior Training. Sam coaches business executives on meditation and building resilience and mental toughness. When he was 19, he was hit by a drunk driver and the accident left him paraplegic. He shares his incredible journey from the fear and hopelessness he experienced in the aftermath of the accident to eventually finding a path forward into a life of joy and happiness.
We also discuss mediation, focused breathing, the inner scorecard, cultivating resilience, how to think about “wealth,” how to find purpose, and so much more.
What You’ll Learn:
- How to be present, and find happiness in everyday experience
- How to find purpose in “being of service and living from our hearts”
- How we all want to feel “wealthy” yet we forget that what we’re after is a feeling
- How meditation can discipline our mind
- How attachment to impermanent things causes suffering and what to do about it
- How we can discipline ourselves until no external circumstance can dictate our internal experience
Books & Resources:
The Untethered Soul by Michael Singer
Connect with Sam Morris
Connect with Sean Murray