Episode 38 – Decision Making with Annie Duke
Today’s guest is Annie Duke, a writer, and expert on decision making. Annie is also the author of Thinking in Bets, a New York Times best-selling book about decision making and her life as a professional poker player that was published in 2018. She has a new book out, How to Decide: Simple Tools for Making Better Choices.
Our topic today is how to improve our decision making. Annie is one of the best at helping us think clearly and developing good habits and a sound process around making decisions, especially in finance.
What You’ll Learn:
- The difference between luck and risk
- The Paradox of Experience
- The Decision Multi-verse
- The first step of a great decision process
- The importance of estimating reasonable outcomes before you make the decision
- Why we should make implicit assumptions explicit when making decisions
- The difference between the inside view and the outside view
- How to know when it’s time to make the decision
Books & Resources
- Thinking in Bets by Annie Duke
- How to Decide by Annie Duke
- The Alliance for Decision Education
Connect with Annie Duke
Connect with Sean Murray
- ean’s Twitter Account
- Sean’s LinkedIn Account
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: RealTime Performance, Inc.
- Weekly Newsletter: RealTime Performance Newsletter