Episode 4 – Legendary Investors with Jake Taylor
On today’s show, I talk with Jacob Taylor, the CEO of Farnman Street Investments and the author of the novel, The Rebel Allocator. The book follows a young man who is mentored by a legendary business leader and a master of capital allocation. Charlie Munger liked the novel so much he called up the author to discuss it and encouraged him to make it into a movie. So what was Munger so excited about? The book is full of wisdom related to business, investing and living a good life. Jacob Taylor joins me to talk about his conversation with Munger and the life lessons that run through his novel, The Rebel Allocator.
What You’ll Learn:
- How to bounce back from life’s set-backs
- The importance of self-reliance and having an inner-scorecard
- The importance of capital allocation in business and life
- How to get better at capital allocation
- The importance of finding the right partner in marriage and life
- The downside of focusing one’s life entirely on business and investing
Books & Resources
- Jacob Taylor’s The Rebel Allocator
- When Charlie Munger Calls, Listen and Learn – WSJ
- Capital One.This is Banking Reimagined.
Connect with Jake Taylor
Connect with Sean Murray