Episode #59 – Reading the Great Books with Scott Hambrick (replay)
On today’s show, I talk with Scott Hambrick, the founder of Online Great Books, an organization that hosts virtual seminars for people who want to read the Great Books of Western Civilization. Scott talks about what makes the Great Books great, why they are so important, and how they contribute to living the Good Life. We also do a deep dive into Aristotle’s famous work on how to achieve happiness and live the best possible life.
- What are the Great Books and what makes them Great?
- Why should we read the Great Books?
- What the Great Books have to teach us about the Good Life?
- How Aristotle defines the Good Life and how to achieve it?
- How to tackle challenging books?
- How to find more time to read?
Books & Resources
- Online Great Books
- How to Read a Book by Mortimer Adler
- Mortimer Adler’s Reading List from How to Read a Book
Connect with Scott Hambrick
Connect with Sean Murray