Episode #60 – Lessons from the World’s Greatest Investors with William Green
Today’s guest is William Green, author of Richer, Wiser, Happier: How the World’s Greatest Investors Win in Markets and Life. This is an incredible book, profiling some of the greatest investors: Monish Pabrai, Charlie Munger, Bill Miller, Nick Sleep, and many more. Green reveals the principles and habits that contributed to their success in both investing and life.
We talk about how these investors spend their time. How they build resilience, how they handle the inevitable setbacks, the role honesty and integrity plays in their careers, and we end on a discussion about what super wealth does for these individuals and how it contributes to their well-being.
- The most important thing great investors do differently when it comes to managing their time
- Why Nick Sleep put his Bloomberg machine in a different room with an uncomfortable chair
- Why the intensity of a habit is not as important as the fact that it is directionally correct
- How the greatest investors handle mistakes, setbacks and adversity
- Why Bill Miller turned to Stoicism to help him weather the Financial Crisis
- How Monish Pabrai used the power of cloning to replicate Buffett and Munger’s success
- Charlie Munger on how to have a happy life
- Why Green considers Arnold Van Den Berg the most successful human being in the investment world
Books & Resources
Richer, Wiser, Happier: How the World’s Greatest Investors Win in Markets and Life by William Green.
Connect with William Green
Connect with Sean Murray
- Sean’s Twitter Account
- Sean’s LinkedIn Account
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.seanpmurray.net
- “The Good Life” Newsletter: Subscribe