Episode #64 – Working and Living Authentically with Mike Horne
Mike Horne is the author of Integrity by Design: Working and Living Authentically. Mike consults with organizations to help them build authentic cultures and he works directly with executives as a leadership coach.
In this episode we explore what it means to live an authentic life. We look to Warren Buffett as as an example in the business community as someone who leads with integrity and has built a company, in Berkshire Hathaway, that is built on trust. We discuss the corporate scandals at both Enron and Wells Fargo, and the cautionary tales they provide of what happens when an organization fails to build a strong culture of integrity. And finally, Mike provides tips on how we can use the principles of Integrity by Design to live a more authentic , flourishing life.
What You’ll Learn
- Why integrity and reputation is so important in business and life
- How Warren Buffett “leads with integrity”
- What cautionary tales from Enron and Wells Fargo teach us about what happens to organizations that lack integrity
- What it means to live an authentic life
- How authenticity can lead us to purpose
Books & Resources
- Integrity by Design: Working and Living Authentically by Mike Horne
Connect with Mike Horne
- Twitter: @mikehorneauthor
- Website: https://mike-horne.com/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mikehorne1/
Connect with Sean Murray