Episode 25 – The Good Life with Andreas Elpidorou
On today’s show, I talk with Andreas Elpidorou, the author of Propelled: How Boredom, Frustration and Anticipation Lead us to the Good Life.
Andreas leads us on a fascinating discussion that covers a lot of ground related to happiness and the role emotions play in our pursuit of a meaningful life.
What You’ll Learn:
- What makes life difficult is also what makes life worth living
- The surprising role boredom can play as a warning system and a guide
- Why there is more to the Good Life than happiness…a lot more
- Why authenticity and ownership of our life is so important
- How frustration energizes and informs us
- What we can learn from Andrew Wiles’ pursuit of Fermat’s Last Theorem
- The surprising result of the Ikea Effect and what that tells us about happiness
- Why “movement toward goals” may be the ultimate state of happiness
Books & Resources
- Propelled: How Boredom, Frustration and Anticipation Lead Us to the Good Life by Andreas Elpidorou
Connect with Andreas Elpidorou
Connect with Sean Murray